Settled back in Lowry’s Crossing sitting on roughly 10 acres is Wilson Chapel Cemetery; the final resting place for members of many prominent families such as Bridgefarmer, Reneau and Rutledge.
The chapel was first deeded September 5, 1894, by A.E. and Bettie Wilson as a site for the Methodist Episcopal Church South. The wooden structure still has one of the original pews and the original bell in the bell tower.
For the full story, see the Dec. 3 issue or subscribe online.
y Dustin Butler • [email protected]